Last updated on January 1, 2022
The PowerRoom Services and your PowerRoom Account
PowerRoom Account information
In order to access the benefits we make available as part of the PowerRoom Services, data entered into one service or feature becomes a part of your PowerRoom Account. The personal information contained within your PowerRoom Account is the combination of information that PowerRoom has about you. Your PowerRoom Account may include your credentials; your name and contact details; payment information; information about your activities, interests, and preferences; information we have collected about you from third-party sources; and insights associated with you. The information in your PowerRoom Account will be shared across the PowerRoom platform to generate our various offerings, services, and experiences and otherwise maximize the benefits to you of our platform.
Information we collect
Information you give us
The personal information that we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with PowerRoom and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings. Personal information that you provide may also depend upon what services or experiences you use, your location, and applicable law.
- Creating an account. We collect information when you create an account, interact with our websites, make inquiries, or purchase products or services. Personal information may include your contact information (such as your name, address, phone number, and email), billing information (your payment information), and other information you provide regarding your business and personal circumstances.
- Customer support, product research, training, and feedback. We may collect personal information when you reach out to us for support, give us feedback, participate in optional surveys, product research, or training, and you choose to share (“Communication Information”).
- Social and community content. We receive content you post on our social media pages and our community pages.
- Information about others: Please see the section titled “Information provided by others” below.
Information we get when you use the products and services.
We may collect certain information about you when you access or use the PowerRoom websites or use our Services. This may include:
- Device information. We may collect information about your device such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our privacy notice and preference management and for security and compliance features.
- Content. We may receive information about you, your business, your finances, details about your customers or vendors or employees, details about your business operations, details about your advertising, marketing, and sales activities.
- Third-party service content. We receive information about you when you sign into a third-party service with your PowerRoom Account or when you connect your PowerRoom Account to a third-party service.
- Usage information. We may collect usage information such as the pages you viewed, the features you use, your browser type, and details about any links with which you interact.
- Location information. Certain features in our platform may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both if you grant permission to do so in your device settings.
- Information from cookies and other technologies. PowerRoom and our service providers may use commonly used tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to collect information about you (“Cookie Information”) so we can provide the experiences you request, recognize your visit, track your interactions, and improve your and other customers’ experience. The PowerRoom websites are not currently configured to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals because, at this time, no formal “Do Not Track” standard has been adopted. You have control over some of the information we collect from Cookies and how we use it. You can find information on changing your browser settings to opt-out of cookies in your browser settings or make changes to your cookies settings by using our cookie preferences tool. If you disable some of the cookies, the service, or parts of the service, may not work. Even if you opt-out of such cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may still receive advertisements — they just won’t be tailored to your interests. If you opt-out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or use a different device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy.
Information provided by others
At PowerRoom, we believe that you have rights to information that pertains to you, your household, and your business. If another person has input or processed information in the PowerRoom websites or otherwise provided information on behalf of you, your family, or your business (and we are processing such information as an Information Controller), you may ask to receive a copy of your information, even if you do not have an account with us. To help protect the privacy and security of your information, you may be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity or ownership rights prior to receiving a copy of the information. To request a copy of your information, please see the section “Your information rights and choices” below.
Other information sources
We may also get information about you from others where permitted by applicable law. For example, we receive information from:
- Supplemental information and identity verification providers. Service providers who help us verify your identity, the specifics of your business and supplement the information you have provided to ensure the accuracy of your information. For example, we use third-party service providers to validate your mailing address, phone number, or provide additional details about your business. These providers may include, for example, your financial institution, telecommunications provider, or email provider.
- Support providers. Service providers who provide us with information about you or your interaction with the PowerRoom websites. For example, we may obtain service and support information or technical issues you have raised with these third parties.
- Other users. As described in sections “Information Provided by Others,” we may get information about you from other users, such as your spouse, your head of household, or your business partner.
- Risk management, cybersecurity, and anti-fraud providers. We may receive information from service providers who help us assess risks associated with our offerings, including to help combat fraud, illegal activity, and to help protect your personal information.
- Content providers. We may receive information from software providers that make user-generated content from their service available to others, such as local business reviews or public social media posts.
- Communication providers and social networks. If you give us permission, we may collect information from email providers, communication providers, and social networks.
- Joint offering partners. We may offer co-branded services or experiences or engage in joint marketing activities with others, including through our conferences or live events.
- Publicly-available sources. We collect information from publicly available sources, such as open government databases.
- Government agencies. We receive information from government agencies.
Some services and experiences part of the PowerRoom Services require you to provide information to function. If you do not wish to provide the required information, you may not use certain services or features.
How we use personal information
We collect and process personal information from you only where:
- We have your consent to do so
- We need the personal information to perform a contract with you or provide a service to you
- Provide you with the benefits of the PowerRoom Services and operate our business
- The processing is in our legitimate business interests
- To comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations
Personal information is used to operate our business, including but not limited to:
- Provide you with the PowerRoom Services and create your PowerRoom Account
- Improve our products and services
- Run and manage our business, including resolving billing and financial disputes
- Evaluate your eligibility for other offers, products, and services
- Connect you with experts and other service providers
- Communicate with you
- Advertise and market our services and experiences
- Personalize your experience, including through the development of insights about you and your needs
- Provide you with support and resolve disputes
- Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements
- Protect the rights, property, safety, or security of PowerRoom, our customers, employees, or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
PowerRoom may also combine information you provide or generated about you as part of the Services in anonymous or aggregate form with anonymous or aggregate information about other users of the Services or other PowerRoom Services. We may share or make available information that you provide or generated by the Services in anonymous or aggregated form (that cannot be used to identify you) for PowerRoom’s own internal analytics or for research or public-interest purposes. We may also use your personal information for other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
How we share your information
From time to time, we may need to share your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. We share your information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
For research. With appropriate controls, we may share information with third parties for research purposes or policy-related materials. We only share information in a way that would not allow any individual to be identified.
For joint sales, promotions, and events. We may share your information with third parties who jointly provide sales initiatives, promotions, or events with us.
With financial services providers. We may share personal information with collection agencies, credit bureaus and loan service providers, financial product underwriters, and payment card association members. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share your personal information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
For mergers and acquisitions. If we are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of our business to another company (collectively, a “Transaction”), we may share your information with that company and its advisors before and after the Transaction date.
Your right to limit information sharing. Certain laws, including Federal Law for our United States customers, provides our customers with the right to limit our information sharing activities in certain circumstances. For example, you may have the right to limit our sharing of information to both affiliates and third parties for marketing purposes.
Non-responsive services, links, and integrations
Advertising and analytics
PowerRoom may use advertising networks and other providers to display advertising on our PowerRoom websites or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our advertising partners may place cookies on unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests and determine the effectiveness of such advertisements. You may be able to opt-out of such interest-based advertising by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance’s Network Advertising Initiative’s or Your Online Choices.
For legal reasons
We may share your information with third parties for legal reasons, including:
- When we reasonably believe disclosure is required in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation, or legal process
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of PowerRoom, the PoweRoom websites, our customers, or others
- To protect or defend against attacks
- To prevent fraud, cybersecurity attacks, or illegal activity
- For debt collection
Your information rights and choices
If you are a resident of certain states or countries, you may have the right to:
Access. You may have the right to access the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the sources from which that information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of personal information we sold about you, the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information about you, and the categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose.
Deletion. You may have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that we delete the personal information you have provided to us.
Correction. You can edit and correct your personal information at any time by contacting us or by changing it directly in our products or services.
Manage marketing communications from us. You can update your marketing communication preferences by contacting us, clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of marketing emails, or responding “STOP” to SMS/text messages.
Non-discrimination. You have the right to be free from discrimination related to your exercise of any California privacy rights as a California resident.
You can file a request or act on one of your rights by contacting us at the contact details provided under the section “How to contact us.” If you make a privacy request, we may invoke legal exemptions available under applicable laws, including but not limited to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Verification. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a rights request. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect that your account has suffered fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we are subsequently unable to confirm your identity, we may refuse your rights request.
Authorized agents. You may use an authorized agent to submit a rights request. If you do so, the agent must present signed written authorization to act on your behalf. You may also be required to independently verify your identity or your legal authority or ownership of the personal information.
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information as explained in the section titled “Your information rights and choices,” above, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention policies and obligations. For example, we may maintain your PowerRoom Account for our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g., maintaining records of transactions you have made with us), exercising, establishing, defending legal claims, and protecting against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
There may be occasions where we cannot entirely delete or de-identify your information due to technical or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until we can delete or de-identify it.
Security of your personal information
We use physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information. Although we do our best to protect your personal information and data, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and data, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any information and data exchanged between you and us through our website and applications cannot be guaranteed. By providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our websites, products, and services. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically by sending you an email. To withdraw your consent to receive electronic notice of a data breach, please contact us using the contact information below.
How to contact us
Submit your privacy question here.
Direct Mail: 192 Dawson Vlg Wy N Ste 170, Dawsonville, GA 30534.
If you have an unresolved privacy or information use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://access.jamsadr.com/submitcase.
Collection and use of children’s personal information
Our services are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If you believe we may have information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the minor’s account.